GCSE Design and Technology
Half Term Overview
- Students should be able to access the File aspect of their DT group Teams page. This will provide all of the supporting power points, sheets, templates and step-by-step guides to completing the development section.
- GCSE Pod – This can be used to further support and understand each aspect of their coursework, by typing in the topic into the search bar e.g. Quality Control – The video will provide an explanation to better understand the topics. Using this alongside step-by-step guides should enable them to complete any outstanding areas.
- Again GCSE pod is a useful resource to look through some of the key areas, to gain that extra knowledge and understanding. Students could tackle the areas of underperformance from their RAG tracking sheet in the front of their coursework folder.
Key areas of focus to look up:
- The work of key designers; William Morris, Norman Foster.
- Effective analysis of products; Function, Aesthetics, Ergonomic, Anthropometrics, materials, Audience.
- Scales of production; one-off, batch, mass production.
- How materials are manufactures; Timber, Plastics, Metals, from their source to stock form.
- Orthographic drawing, isometric drawing and perspective drawing techniques.
- General principles of Graphics (Printing methods, material properties and finishes), Resistant Materials (Joining materials, CAD/CAM v Traditional methods, tooling, standard components), Engineering (Mechanisms, joining materials and finishes, Forces and stresses), Electronics (inputs, process, outputs, production methods, advantages of a microcontroller)
- The design process and the different stages.
Each of the above topics can be researched also in the revision guide which all students have been given, they will also find example questions at the base of each page.
Student workbooks, students should have their work books that cover all the work identified above, in their work books are the short quick quiz which they could review the questions and their answers. These quick quiz’s could be cut out and used as revision cards for each topic.
- Letter to Year 11 & 13 Parents 26 03 2021
- Head of School Easter Letter to Parents
- Head of School Letter to Parents - Return to School
- Head of School Letter to Parents - Reopening School
- All Years Remote Learning Review Day 01 03 2021
- Head of School Letter to Parents 29th January 2021
- Year 11 and Year 13 Letter to Parents 14 01 2021
- Year 11 and Year 13 Letter to Parents 08 01 2021
- Letter to Year 10 to 13 Parent/Carers
- Head of School Letter to Parents 5th January 2021
- Head of School Letter to Parents 4th January 2021
- How to do a Covid-19 Test - 4th January 2021
- Head of School Letter to Parents 31st Dec 2020 update
- Head of School Letter to Parents 30th Dec 2020
- Important Information - Head of School Letter to Parents 21 12 2020
- End of Term Arrangements Letter to all Parent/Carers Dec 2020
- Letter to all Parent/Carers 01 12 2020
- Year 11 & 13 Parents' Evening Letter
- Video Call Parent Evening Information
- Letter re: PE Lessons wc 2nd Nov 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carers 19 10 2020
- Nova Educational Trust - Letter to Parents/Carers
- General letter of all school students, parents & staff 12 10 2020
- Attendance Letter to all Parent/Carers 25 09 2020
- Letter to all years - Promotional Video Consent
- Head of School Letter to all Parent/Carers 11 09 2020
- No Upcoming Events
Year 11 News
- No recent news stories.