MyTutor online tutoring
MyTutor is an organisation that provides online tutoring in a range of subjects. These online tuition sessions can be accessed through any laptop, PC or tablet device. Tuition sessions can take place in school or at home and timings are flexible to fit to need.
Online tuition sessions are conducted with professional tutors, often university graduates who have strong subject knowledge and who’ve gone through a rigorous interview and selection process. For safeguarding purposes no student details – other than first name - are shared with the tutors. Tutors are not informed of which school students attend.
The online platform allows the tutor and student to see each other via video link and there is a shared interactive space like a whiteboard which supports the tuition. Both the student and the student can write/draw in this space. All tuition sessions are recorded and students can watch these back for revision purposes.
We will have a limited number of MyTutor sessions to allocate to students, again this will be based on need. However MyTutor also provides a private tutoring service, separate from the school offer that parents/carers may wish to investigate.
You may wish to look at the following link which sets out how the online platform helps to deliver the tuition sessions: https://www.mytutor.co.uk/how-it-works.html
If you’ve been selected to receive MyTutor sessions follow the guidance below
Your tutor will make contact with you before the first session to introduce themselves. This will be via your school email address. Please check this to find out who your tutor is.
For the tuition sessions you will need to be using a laptop, PC of tablet with an active webcam to get the most out of the session. Make sure the microphone is active. It’s also best to be sitting down at a desk or table for the session.
Please note the following key steps to ‘attend’ the tuition session:
1. Ensure you are using Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers or Safari if you are on an iPad.
2. Login at least 5 minutes early so that you are ready.
3. Click the blue ‘Launch’ button. If this button is grey, you just need to refresh the page.
4. You will then have to click through a variety of tests for your computer. You must ‘Allow’ access to the microphone and webcam. You can turn these off in the lesson space if you don't want your camera on, but you MUST ‘Allow’ access during the tests otherwise it causes connection issues
5. Ensure that you have paper, pens and equipment you might need.
6. Be polite and get working!
7. If a tutor doesn't arrive, you might be given a cover tutor after 5 or so minutes. Please stay put in the lesson space and you’ll be automatically matched with the new tutor.
8. If things don't seem right, click ‘Refresh’ at the top of the screen to reload the page.
You should have received your username and password details along with a reminder of the day and time of your tuition sessions. If you’ve forgotten these or have issues with logging in please email Mr Dawson firstname.lastname@example.org
WEBSITE: (you must use this link as it takes you to the correct page)
The links here are also important to visit:
Video of the MyTutor lesson space
MyTutor Guidance Notes
- Letter to Year 11 & 13 Parents 26 03 2021
- Head of School Easter Letter to Parents
- Head of School Letter to Parents - Return to School
- Head of School Letter to Parents - Reopening School
- All Years Remote Learning Review Day 01 03 2021
- Head of School Letter to Parents 29th January 2021
- Year 11 and Year 13 Letter to Parents 14 01 2021
- Year 11 and Year 13 Letter to Parents 08 01 2021
- Letter to Year 10 to 13 Parent/Carers
- Head of School Letter to Parents 5th January 2021
- Head of School Letter to Parents 4th January 2021
- How to do a Covid-19 Test - 4th January 2021
- Head of School Letter to Parents 31st Dec 2020 update
- Head of School Letter to Parents 30th Dec 2020
- Important Information - Head of School Letter to Parents 21 12 2020
- End of Term Arrangements Letter to all Parent/Carers Dec 2020
- Letter to all Parent/Carers 01 12 2020
- Year 11 & 13 Parents' Evening Letter
- Video Call Parent Evening Information
- Letter re: PE Lessons wc 2nd Nov 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carers 19 10 2020
- Nova Educational Trust - Letter to Parents/Carers
- General letter of all school students, parents & staff 12 10 2020
- Attendance Letter to all Parent/Carers 25 09 2020
- Letter to all years - Promotional Video Consent
- Head of School Letter to all Parent/Carers 11 09 2020
- No Upcoming Events
Year 11 News
- No recent news stories.