Due to the current situation we are unable to hold parents' evenings/events in the usual format. Information Events/Open Evenings will be 'live' virtual events with further information being provided prior to the event.
Parent/Mentor Evenings will be via our usual booking system with guidance and booking information below. Tutorials on the new 1:1 Video Call Parent/Mentor Evening are below:
Dates of future parents' evenings for 2020 -2021 below:
|Year 6 Open Evening - Live Event||Thursday 1st October 2020 @ 6pm|
|Year 11 Information - Live Event||Tuesday 6th October 2020 @ 5.30pm|
|Year 13 Information - Live Event||Wednesday 7th October 2020 @ 5.30pm|
|Provision for Most Able - Live Event||Wednesday 14th October 2020 @ 5.30pm|
|Year 7 Mentor Parents' Event - 1:1 Video Calls||Thursday 15th October 2020 @ 4.00pm|
|Sixth Form Information Event - Live Event||Thursday 12th November 2020 @ 6pm|
|Year 11 'What Next Event'||Friday 20th November 2020|
|Year 11 and 13 Parents' Evening||Thursday 10th December 2020 @ 4pm|
|Year 9 Curriculum Information Event||Tuesday 2nd February 2020 @ 6pm|
|Year 9 Parents' Evening - 1:1 Video Calls||Wednesday 24th February 2021 @ 4pm|
|All Years Remote Learning Review Day||Monday 1st March 2021|
|Year 7 Parents' Evening - 1:1 Video Calls||Thursday 22nd April 2021 @ 4pm|
|Year 10 and 12 Parents' Evening - 1:1 Video Calls||Thursday 13th May 2021 @ 4pm|
|Year 8 Parents' Evening - 1:1 Video Calls||Tuesday 25th May 2021 @ 4pm|
The school will contact parents/carers via email or letter when the events become available online.
Video Call information
We use an external Parents' Evening Booking System to allow parents to easily book appointments to see their child's teacher. Please follow the instructions and video guides below for guidance.
- Navigate to the Parents’ Evening Booking System here.
- Use your personal information to log in. You must use the contact information which the school has on file or you will not be able to log in. If you are having problems, please use the contact information on the login page to contact the school.
- Log in by selecting which child you want to make bookings for first. If you have more than one child who requires bookings, you can switch between them once you are logged in.
- Once logged in, decide whether you need to make bookings individually, or using our Automated Booking Wizard (best if you have a number of bookings and students to make bookings for).
- Once you have selected your preferred booking method and once in the correct parents’ evening, follow the relevant instructions from below:
- Individual Bookings:
- Scroll down until you see the booking table. Above it are the departments and teachers which are available to you.
- Select the department, then teacher, and click on an available time to make a booking. When you selected a time, you’re able to add any issues or comments for the teacher to take note of before the appointment.
- Repeat this process, making bookings for all of the teachers you need to.
- If you need to cancel or rearrange an appointment, click on the correct department and teacher, then click on the green appointment to change it.
- If you need to make bookings for another child, scroll to the top of the page. In the top left corner you should see a ‘Make a Booking for Another Child’ icon. Click this. If there is no icon, the software does not recognise that you have multiple children. This just means that you’ll need to log out and log back in again using the other child’s details.
- Once you have made all of your bookings, click on either E-Mail or Print my Appointments. Appointments are saved when they are made, so you don’t have to e-mail or print to ‘save’ them, but doing so will provide a confirmation with further information, possibly including rooms and instructions from the school.
- Automated Booking Wizard
- Select the teacher you wish to book. You can press ‘Select All’ to select all options
- If you have a second child to make bookings for then select their tab and repeat the teacher selecting process
- Proceed to the bottom of the page and specify your personal availability, then press Make My Bookings For Me
- If the wizard replies that bookings are not feasible, you have not left enough time and need to reduce the number of teachers or increase the amount of time you’re available.
- Now see a list of your booking suggestions. Feel free to add comments to teachers you wish to book, if allowed
- Press Confirm to confirm these appointments as your bookings
- Press Print or E-Mail to initiate your confirmation.
- Individual Bookings:
- GCSE Pod Competition
Congratulations to our winners (Whole School - 09/06/2021)
- The Garibaldi 30 PE challenge
PE Department (Whole School - 29/04/2021)
- Regional Winners and onto the Grand Finals!
GCSE Pod Games (Whole School - 16/04/2021)
- Non-uniform day
Supporting Comic Relief (Whole School - 26/03/2021)
- Young Minds Charity
Message from YoungMinds Charity - funds raised by the school in March 2020 (Whole School - 27/01/2021)