exam results day 2020
Further information will be provided to students on this year's results day which are on the following days:
- A Level - Thursday 13th August 2020
- GCSE - Thursday 20th August 2020
Results Day 2020 arrangements
OFQUAL GUIDANCE INFORMATION
- Year 11 and 13 Ofqual Guidance 16 06 2020 (Published 16/06/20)
- Head of School Letter to Year 11 and 13 Parents/Students 16 06 2020 (Published 16/06/20
exam information as at Friday 10th July 2020
Dates for the Autumn Exam series have been confirmed by the Joint Council for Qualifications.
The timetable will run as follows:
· GCE AS and A-level examinations start on Monday 5 October and finish on Friday 23 October.
· GCSE examinations start on Monday 2 November and finish on Monday 23 November.
The deadlines for entry are:
· (GCE AS & A-level) – 4 September
· GCSE (except English Language and Mathematics) – 18 September
· GCSE (English Language and Mathematics) – 4 October.
All information is subject to change, in response to updated Government advice.
Exam success in 2019
The Garibaldi school achieves fantastic exam success in Progress 8 - 2019 results and gains 6th place in ALL schools and colleges in Nottinghamshire and 1st place in Mansfield.
Summer 2019 Exam Certificates are available from Monday 25th November 2019 for collection from the Exams Office before 4pm daily. A signature is required before certificates are released, if you cannot attend in person please provide written permission for someone to collect on your behalf and request they bring some identification.
Our 2019 Year 11 cohort joined us with a KS2 average point score of 27.4 which was significantly below the National Average.
|Disadvantaged Progress 8||+0.16|
|% of pupils achieving 5+ in English and Maths||56%|
|% of pupils achieving 5+ in English||70%|
|% of pupils achieving 5+ in Maths||58%|
|% of pupils achieving 4+ in English and Maths||73%|
|% of pupils achieving 4+ in English||83%|
|% of pupils achieving 4+ in Maths||75%|
|% of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate 4+||14%|
|% of pupils entered for the English Baccalaureate||18.1%|
Important information for all candidates taking exams
- If your exam is in the morning it will start at 9am.
- If your exam is in the afternoon it will start at 1pm.
- Please check the exam notice board in the hall foyer prior to your exam to confirm your room location.
- You must line up outside the exam room 10 minutes before the start of the exam, please do not be late, if you are late you may not be allowed to sit the exam.
- Ensure you hand in your mobile phone to an invigilator before entering the exam room.
- Please remember to enter the exam room in silence.
- Do not try to communicate with any other student once you are in the exam room, as this could lead to disqualification.
- Water is allowed in the exam room provided it is in a clear plastic bottle with a sports cap.
No food allowed unless it is required due to a medical condition.
- Please bring a black pen.
- NO correcting fluids/tippex.
- Pencil, ruler, pencil sharpener, rubber, maths kit.
- A calculator is permitted in some exams.
- If you need to bring a pencil case it should be transparent.
exam board information
Click on the links below
Sporting Achievement (Whole School - 27/02/2020)
- Sport Relief 2020
week commencing 9th March 2020 (Whole School - 21/02/2020)
- Widening Participation Week and Evening 2020
Raising the aspirations of all students (Whole School - 11/02/2020)
Selection for the Lionesses (Whole School - 31/01/2020)
- w/c 27th January 2020
Sixth Form News Bulletin (Sixth Form - 31/01/2020)