Making the MoveTransition Arrangements
We understand that the transition from primary to secondary education can be both an exciting and a challenging process for both students and parents.
Our transition arrangements are carefully planned to ensure that students are ready for a successful and enjoyable Year 7. If you have any questions regarding transition, at any stage of the process, please contact the school on 01623 464220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Garibaldi School is increasingly popular and has become the school of first choice for students from a wide range of primary schools including our feeder primary schools as well as out-of-catchment schools.
How to apply
Applying for your place at The Garibaldi School couldn’t be easier. All applications should be made through the standard Local Authority process and places will be allocated in the spring of Year 6.
We very much look forward to welcoming you and your child to The Garibaldi School.
The Garibaldi School participates in the Nottinghamshire County Council's coordinated scheme for the September Year 7 intake and applications should be made directly to them. For those children, who live outside Nottinghamshire county, parents/carers should apply on a common application form through their 'home' county.
The closing date for the coordinated admission scheme is 31 October preceding to admission to secondary school. Places are allocated on the National Offer Day: 1st March. More information is available on the Nottinghamshire County Council Admission web page.
Admission Oversubscription Criteria for Year 7
The published admissions number for Year 7 in September 2021 is 175. If more applications are received than places available, applications will be ranked against the following over-subscription criteria for the school. The criteria will be applied in the priority order indicated below.
The school will admit a child with a Statement of Special Educational Need or Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) if the Statement or Plan names The Garibaldi School, before any of the following criteria are applied:
- Children looked after by a local authority and previously looked after children
- Children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school
- Other children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications
- Children who live outside the catchment area but who are attending a linked primary phase school on the closing date for applications and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the preferred secondary school
- Children who live outside the catchment area and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the preferred secondary school
- Children who live outside the catchment area but who are attending a linked primary phase school on the closing date for applications
- Other children
In the event of oversubscription, within any criterion, preference will be given to children who live nearest to the school as the crow flies. Distances are measured from the main administrative point at the school campus to an address point (using eastings and northings as defined by Ordnance Survey) to the child’s home using the local authority’s computerised distance measuring software.
Nottinghamshire County Council Fact Sheet
Transfer to secondary school (Year 7) September 2021