Welcome to Year 8
Year 8 project or pack based work
In light of the government’s decision to close schools to the majority of students for the foreseeable future we will be setting work for students to do at home. For Year 7 and 8 we’ll be setting project or learning pack based work
- These will be extended pieces of work which should take around 10 hours to complete.
- These will be posted on the website for students to download and work on.
- Each week work will be set for one of the Core and one of the non-Core subjects.
- Work will be differentiated for students to be suitable for their ability group.
- Guidance will be provided on how students can get support from teachers if needed and how they can upload their work to get feedback from staff if required.
Week commencing Monday 30th March 2020
The files below are in pdf format; this means they can’t be edited electonically. If you have the facility to, these can be printed out and written on and staff will be happy to receive scanned or photographed versions sent through for feedback. All staff emails can be found here https://www.garibaldi.org.uk/page.php?p=staff
However copies of the files in either Word or PowerPoint format which can be edited have been uploaded to Microsoft Teams (see guidance here on how to get access and the information has also been sent to students’ school email accounts (see video link here for how to get access to school email https://youtu.be/ygvEVrOxEvg)
- Science 8A1, 8A2 & 8A3 Space Project wc 30 03 2020
- Science 8B1 & 8B2 Space Project wc 30 03 2020
- Science 8B3 & 8B4 Space Project wc 30 03 2020
- History 8A1, 8A2 & 8A3 wc 30 03 2020
- History 8B1 and 8B2 wc 30 03 2020
- History 8B3 and 8B4 wc 30 03 2020
Year 8 students
‘myON is an e-book library providing access to over 6000 books and news articles for children. It has been made available free of charge during the current circumstances to support children’s learning at home. ‘
Click on the link - https://readon.myon.co.uk/library/browse.html no login/account is required.
Homework 2019 - 2020
- Half term 1 homework schedule - 9th September 2019 - 24th October 2019
- Half term 2 homework schedule - 4th November 2019 - 20th December 2019
- Half term 3 homework schedule - 6th January 2020 - 14th February 2020
- Half term 4 homework schedule - 24th February 2020 - 3rd April 2020
- Half term 5 homework schedule -
- Half term 6 homework schedule -
Year 7 & 8 Homework and challenge club
Year 7 & 8 Homework and Challenge Club every Thursday lunchtime in room 20 with Mrs Radcliffe and Miss Richards.
maths Homework club
Maths Homework Club for Year 7 and 8 students every Wednesday after school in room 14.
KS3 Reading list
- Head of School Letter to Parents/Carers 03 04 2020
- Student Support Sheet fo using Microsoft Teams
- Parent/Carer well-being newsletter issue No. 1
- Student Well-being newsletter issue No. 1
- E-Safety letter to all parents 25 03 2020
- Year 7 and 8 Remote Guidance Letter 20 03 2020
- Year 7 to 11 Education Provision Letter 20 03 2020
- COVID-19 CEO Trust Letter 20 03 2020
- COVID-19 Letter to Parents update 19 03 2020
- Head of School Important Update COVID-19 17 03 2020
- COVID-19 Letter to Parent Update
- Sport Relief 2020
- Year 8 Parents' Evening Letter
- COVID-19 Coronavirus - l etter to all Parents/Carers 28 02 2020
- Request for up to date emergency contact information Feb 2020
- All Years - Unifrog Introduction Letter
- Year 8 Options Letter
- Year 7 to 10 Widening Participation Letter
- Christmas & New Year arrangements 2019 - 2020
- Important Information - Bikes and Scooters Dec 2019
- Head of School Invite Letter November 2019
- Important Information Bikes and Scooters Nov 2019
- HoS Additinal Inset Day letter to parents
- Yr 8 Achievement Lead Letter Nov 2019
- Head of School letter to all parents Nov 2019
- All Years - Announcement Letter Oct 2019
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Photograph Ordering
- Safer Cycling Activity Day Poster
- Year 7, 8 and 9 PSCHE Letter Sept 2019
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Individual Student Photograph Letter
- Letter to Parents - Peanut Allergy
- 8/5/20 May Bank Holiday
- 25/6/20 Holly Sports Day
- 26/6/20 Inset Day
- 2/7/20 Year 7 to 13 Awards Evening
Year 8 News
- No recent news stories.