Welcome to Year 7
Year 7 project or pack based work
In light of the government’s decision to close schools to the majority of students for the foreseeable future we will be setting work for students to do at home. For Year 7 and 8 we’ll be setting project or learning pack based work
- These will be extended pieces of work which should take around 10 hours to complete.
- These will be posted on the website for students to download and work on.
- Each week work will be set for one of the Core and one of the non-Core subjects.
- Work will be differentiated for students to be suitable for their ability group.
- Guidance will be provided on how students can get support from teachers if needed and how they can upload their work to get feedback from staff if required.
Week commencing Monday 30th March 2020
Year 7 students
‘myON is an e-book library providing access to over 6000 books and news articles for children. It has been made available free of charge during the current circumstances to support children’s learning at home. ‘
Click on the link - https://readon.myon.co.uk/library/browse.html no login/account is required.
YOUNG WRITERS' COMPETITION 2020
Successful applicants for this year’s Young Writers' competition, “Hunted” have been returned to school. Students in Year 7 will receive a letter and permission slip in their English lesson this week. These will need to be signed and sent back to Young Writers by Friday 31st January 2020 ready for publication in March. Parents/Carers will have information in the letter if they wish to purchase a copy of the book from Young Writers. Any questions please contact Miss Richards.
Homework 2019 -2020
- Half term 1 homework schedule - 9th September 2019 - 24th October 2019
- Half term 2 homework schedule - 4th November 2019 - 20th December 2019
- Half Term 3 homework schedule - 6th January 2020 - 14th February 2020
- Half term 4 homework schedule - 24th February 2020 - 3rd April 2020
- Half term 5 homework schedule -
- Half term 6 homework schedule -
Year 7 & 8 Homework and challenge club
Year 7 & 8 Homework and Challenge Club every Thursday lunchtime in room 20 with Mrs Ratcliffe and Miss Richards.
maths Homework club
Maths Homework Club for Year 7 and 8 every Wednesday after school in room 14.
KS3 Reading list
Are you experiencing difficulties in school?
Would you like to speak to someone a similar age to you?
If you answer YES to these questions, Peer Mentoring is for you.
Every Wednesday lunchtime (you can bring your lunch with you).
Rooms 21 & 22 (Miss Garforth & Miss Reinspach’s rooms)
For support, guidance or advice about any difficulties you are experiencing in school.
See Miss Garforth at break or lunch
'young writers' competition - ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
At the end of the Autumn term, the year 7 cohort entered a national writing competition. Their challenge was to write a short story in just 100 words as inspired by a sentence of their choice. The theme was ‘Stranger Sagas’ and students were encouraged to be creative and original. Successful entries will be published in a book and there is a chance to win monetary prizes for individuals and schools for the best ones.
Each and every student stepped up to the challenge and produced a weird and wonderful story; all of which, have been submitted to the organisers – ‘Young Writers’. The publishers have read all entries and have now chosen some from The Garibaldi School to include in this region’s edition. ‘Young Writers’ have sent a letter direct to those students who have been successful.
We would like to say a big thank you and well done to all students who have participated. We’re sure they made the publishers’ final decision very difficult.
Remember, creativity is contagious! Keep writing!
- Head of School Letter to Parents/Carers 03 04 2020
- Student Support Sheet fo using Microsoft Teams
- Parent/Carer well-being newsletter issue No. 1
- Student Well-being newsletter issue No. 1
- E-Safety letter to all parents 25 03 2020
- Year 7 and 8 Remote Guidance Letter 20 03 2020
- Year 7 to 11 Education Provision Letter 20 03 2020
- COVID-19 CEO Trust Letter 20 03 2020
- COVID-19 Letter to Parents update 19 03 2020
- Head of School Important Update COVID-19 17 03 2020
- Year 7 and Year 9 Postponed Parents' Evening Letter Mar 2020
- COVID-19 Letter to Parent Update
- Year 7 Parents' Evening
- Sport Relief 2020
- COVID-19 Coronavirus - l etter to all Parents/Carers 28 02 2020
- Request for up to date emergency contact information Feb 2020
- All Years - Unifrog Introduction Letter
- Year 7 to 10 Widening Participation Letter
- Christmas & New Year arrangements 2019 - 2020
- Important Information - Bikes and Scooters Dec 2019
- Year 7 Letter to Parents Road Safety
- Head of School Invite Letter November 2019
- Important Information Bikes and Scooters Nov 2019
- HoS Additinal Inset Day letter to parents
- Yr 7 Achievement Lead Letter Nov 2019
- Head of School letter to all parents Nov 2019
- All Years - Announcement Letter Oct 2019
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Photograph Ordering
- Year 7 Meet the Mentor Evening
- Safer Cycling Activity Day Poster
- Year 7, 8 and 9 PSCHE Letter Sept 2019
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Individual Student Photograph Letter
- Letter to Parents - Peanut Allergy
- 8/5/20 May Bank Holiday
- 25/6/20 Holly Sports Day
- 26/6/20 Inset Day
- 2/7/20 Year 7 to 13 Awards Evening
Year 7 News
- No recent news stories.