Welcome to Year 7
YOUNG WRITERS' COMPETITION 2020
Successful applicants for this year’s Young Writers' competition, “Hunted” have been returned to school. Students in Year 7 will receive a letter and permission slip in their English lesson this week. These will need to be signed and sent back to Young Writers by Friday 31st January 2020 ready for publication in March. Parents/Carers will have information in the letter if they wish to purchase a copy of the book from Young Writers. Any questions please contact Miss Richards.
Homework 2019 -2020
- Half term 1 homework schedule - 9th September 2019 - 24th October 2019
- Half term 2 homework schedule - 4th November 2019 - 20th December 2019
- Half Term 3 homework schedule - 6th January 2020 - 14th February 2020
- Half term 4 homework schedule -
- Half term 5 homework schedule -
- Half term 6 homework schedule -
Year 7 & 8 Homework and challenge club
Year 7 & 8 Homework and Challenge Club every Thursday lunchtime in room 20 with Mrs Ratcliffe and Miss Richards.
maths Homework club
Maths Homework Club for Year 7 and 8 every Wednesday after school in room 14.
KS3 Reading list
Are you experiencing difficulties in school?
Would you like to speak to someone a similar age to you?
If you answer YES to these questions, Peer Mentoring is for you.
Every Wednesday lunchtime (you can bring your lunch with you).
Rooms 21 & 22 (Miss Garforth & Miss Reinspach’s rooms)
For support, guidance or advice about any difficulties you are experiencing in school.
See Miss Garforth at break or lunch
'young writers' competition - ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
At the end of the Autumn term, the year 7 cohort entered a national writing competition. Their challenge was to write a short story in just 100 words as inspired by a sentence of their choice. The theme was ‘Stranger Sagas’ and students were encouraged to be creative and original. Successful entries will be published in a book and there is a chance to win monetary prizes for individuals and schools for the best ones.
Each and every student stepped up to the challenge and produced a weird and wonderful story; all of which, have been submitted to the organisers – ‘Young Writers’. The publishers have read all entries and have now chosen some from The Garibaldi School to include in this region’s edition. ‘Young Writers’ have sent a letter direct to those students who have been successful.
We would like to say a big thank you and well done to all students who have participated. We’re sure they made the publishers’ final decision very difficult.
Remember, creativity is contagious! Keep writing!
- Year 7 to 10 Widening Participation Letter
- Christmas & New Year arrangements 2019 - 2020
- Important Information - Bikes and Scooters Dec 2019
- Year 7 Letter to Parents Road Safety
- Head of School Invite Letter November 2019
- Important Information Bikes and Scooters Nov 2019
- HoS Additinal Inset Day letter to parents
- Yr 7 Achievement Lead Letter Nov 2019
- Head of School letter to all parents Nov 2019
- All Years - Announcement Letter Oct 2019
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Photograph Ordering
- Year 7 Meet the Mentor Evening
- Safer Cycling Activity Day Poster
- Year 7, 8 and 9 PSCHE Letter Sept 2019
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Individual Student Photograph Letter
- Letter to Parents - Peanut Allergy
- 9/3/20 Sport Relief
- 10/3/20 Sport Relief 2020
- 11/3/20 Sport Relief 2020
- 13/3/20 Non-Uniform Day - Sport Relief
- 26/3/20 Year 7 Parents' Evening
- 8/5/20 May Bank Holiday
Year 7 News
- No recent news stories.