Welcome to Sixth Form
Information regarding COVID 19 for University and College Admissions Teams
The Garibaldi School closed to all students on Friday 20th March 2020. Teaching then became distanced learning through Microsoft Teams until 15th June. Our distanced learning strategy involved providing the equivalent of 3 hours’ worth of remote work each week with no live sessions. This work included a focus on controlled assessments, some new content and some retrieval work. This was in contrast to the usual in school provision of 5 hours per subject per week and an additional hour per subject of supported study.
From the 8th June 2020 staff began to provide pre-recorded video lessons to support distanced learning. These pre-recorded videos continued alongside a blended learning approach. The week commencing 15th June 2020 saw staff conduct 1-2-1 sessions via web link with students and from the week commencing 22nd June 2020 students returned to school for 2 hours of live lessons each week for the remaining 4 weeks of the summer term.
No formal assessments in controlled conditions were able to be completed during this time.
Year 12 and 13 Remote Working Guidance
In light of the government’s decision to close schools to the majority of students for the foreseeable future we will be setting work for students to do remotely. All students have been set up with access to the Microsoft Teams app which is where they can access all work set by their teachers, get support in completing it and upload it for feedback.
Work will be set at the start of the week with the recommendation that students work to their usual school timetable to complete the tasks set by teachers.
Work set will be purposeful, specific to that class or ability group and will help teachers to gain evidence of the progress students are making during this challenging period.
- Year 11 and Year 13 Letter to Parents 14 01 2021
- Year 11 and Year 13 Letter to Parents 08 01 2021
- Letter to Year 10 to 13 Parent/Carers
- Head of School Letter to Parents 5th January 2021
- Head of School Letter to Parents 4th January 2021
- How to do a Covid-19 Test - 4th January 2021
- Head of School Letter to Parents 31st Dec 2020 update
- Head of School Letter to Parents 30th Dec 2020
- Important Information - Head of School Letter to Parents 21 12 2020
- End of Term Arrangements Letter to all Parent/Carers Dec 2020
- Letter to all Parent/Carers 01 12 2020
- Year 11 & 13 Parents' Evening Letter
- Video Call Parent Evening Information
- Letter re: PE Lessons wc 2nd Nov 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carers 19 10 2020
- Nova Educational Trust - Letter to Parents/Carers
- General letter of all school students, parents & staff 12 10 2020
- Attendance Letter to all Parent/Carers 25 09 2020
- Letter to all years - Promotional Video Consent
- Head of School Letter to all Parent/Carers 11 09 2020
- 15/2/21 February Half Term
- 22/2/21 School re-opens
- 29/3/21 - 9/4/21 Easter Holiday
- 12/4/21 School re-opens
Sixth Form News
- w/c 27th January 2020
Sixth Form News Bulletin (31/01/2020)
- w/c 13th January 2020
Happy New Year! (17/01/2020)
- w/c 2nd December 2019
A busy week in The Garibaldi School Sixth Form (06/12/2019)
- Sixth Form News
Week Commencing 25th November 2019 (29/11/2019)
- Welcome to the Sixth Form news bulletin
22nd November 2019 (22/11/2019)