Year 13 Remote Working Guidance
In light of the government’s decision to close schools to the majority of students for the foreseeable future we will be setting work for students to do remotely. All students have been set up with access to the Microsoft Teams app which is where they can access all work set by their teachers, get support in completing it and upload it for feedback.
Work will be set at the start of the week with the recommendation that students work to their usual school timetable to complete the tasks set by teachers.
Work set will be purposeful, specific to that class or ability group and will help teachers to gain evidence of the progress students are making during this challenging period.
Year 13 Geography Revision
A Level Knowledge Organisers
- A Level Coasts Revision Knowledge Organiser
- A Level Tectonics Revision Knowledge
- A Level - All Exam Questions
- Carbon Cycle Knowledge Organiser
- Water Cycle Security Knowledge Organiser
The link below will open a zipped folder which contains a number of Knowledge Organisers for this course. We advise that when this opens you copy and paste the files into a folder on your computer; this will make it easier to navigate to.
a level GEOGRAPHY PAST PAPERS
- A Level Paper 3 Exam Paper 2019
- A Level Paper 3 Mark Scheme 2019
- A Level Paper 3 Examiner Report 2019
Additional A Level GEOGRAPHY Past Papers
The link below will open a zipped folder which contains a number of past papers and mark schemes for this course. We advise that when this opens you copy and paste the files into a folder on your computer; this will make it easier to navigate to.
YEAR 13 HISTORY REVISION 2020
The link below will open a zipped folder which contains revision resources for this course. We advise that when this opens you copy and paste the files into a folder on your computer; this will make it easier to navigate to.
Year 13 English Literature Revision
The link below will open a zipped folder which contains a number of past papers. We advise that when this opens you copy and paste the files into a folder on your computer; this will make it easier to navigate to.
- Year 13 English Literature Exam Papers - zipped folder
Year 12/13 CAMBRIDGE TECHNICAL
Students need to access Unit 8 on moodle. All help sheets are located here for all assignments. On each help sheet it tells you which assignment it contributes towards. Once you have completed all the content from the help sheet please upload to the corresponding upload point.
Year 12/13 Cambridge Technical
Students need to revise for their re-sit exam for the Sport Development Unit which will be sat in May.
All lesson PowerPoints are on Moodle for revision and notes from lessons students should have retained. Please check your school emails on a regular basis.
YEAR 13 MATHS REVISION
SPECIMEN PAPERS AND MARK SCHEME
The link below will open a zipped folder which contains a number of Specimen Papers and Mark Schemes. We advise that when this opens you copy and paste the files into a folder on your computer; this will make it easier to navigate to.
year 13 maths rEVISION nOTES
The link below will open a zipped folder which contains a number of Revision Notes. We advise that when this opens you copy and paste the files into a folder on your computer; this will make it easier to navigate to.
year 13 maths rEVISION Links
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/newalevel.html (Maths Genie - Videos, questions and solutions)
https://crashmaths.com/a-level-practice-papers-aqa/ (Crash Maths - Practice papers)
https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php?year=A%20Level%202017&term=CorePure1 (Dr Frost - Tutorial PowerPoints to help you revise)
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/ (Physics and Maths Tutor - Select "Questions by topic")
YEAR 13 PERFORMING ARTS REVISION
Exam paper below which Year 13 are currently working on:
Year 12/13 Art and Design Revision
Unit 1 Visual recording in Art and Design for Year 12 / 13 below:
The Controlled assessment dates for Level 3 are:-
All Year 12 and 13 students should be working on preparation studies that will be mounted onto presentation sheets in readiness for a written exam on the date outlined below :-
Monday 27th April Periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (5hrs)
Wednesday 29th April Periods 3, 4 and 5 (3hrs)
Thursday 30th April Periods 1, 2 and 3 for written exam.
All students should ensure they have enough equipment and materials so that they can produce studies at home. Students are allowed to borrow materials and also take papers and 2d materials that they require to aid their working methods. No sharps of any kind can be borrowed. All equipment is to be logged out formally by Mrs Strain, Mrs Robinson or Miss Duckmanton.
YEAR 13 BUSINESS 2020
Year 13 Business Students have all been issued with exam Papers for Papers 1 & 2 for 2016 and 2017 and for Papers 1, 2 and 3 for 2018 and 2019.
Students are to complete in order the 2016 Papers, then move on to 2017, until they have completed all the papers issued.
In addition students have access to the most recent exam papers for the course which we want students to complete. Mark Schemes for these exams are also available however these will only be sent to students when they have confirmed they have completed each paper.
When each is completed Mr Wright or Mr Chapman will forward the relevant Mark scheme to help reinforce your exam technique practiced in lessons
Pre Exam Research Information Task
Students have also been issued with the Pre Exam Research Information Task which you need to complete in advance of sitting Paper 3 in the Summer Term. It is absolutely critical that you properly research this as it will form the basis of your final paper.
Students are to continue making detailed notes on the remainder of Theme 4 and then to produce comprehensive revision materials for all four themes.
If you have any questions or areas of concern on Topic Areas Mr Wright and Mr Chapman will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Year 13 Finance
The Year 13 students are entering the final unit of their course and are now working on Unit 4 – Sustainability in the Financial Services System.
Unit 4 Knowledge
To support their revision for this unit students should be preparing detailed revision notes using both their text book and the resources on the LIBF site. These should be made for each of the 9 topics.
We have also placed a number of sample papers below so that students can develop their exam technique with both Part A (multiple choice paper) and also Part B (extended answers) which requires students to write more comprehensive answers based around a case study available.
Pre-release Case Study
An important part in preparation for the exam is the Pre-release Case Study (May 2020) has just been issued to them. (A copy is also available on this site) and also students have their own log in to the LIBF website where it can also be accessed.
Students are required to research and prepare notes on both Case Study 1 and 2.
Any questions or queries should be emailed to Mr Wright or to Mr Chapman.
- Year 11 and 13 Letter to Parents Results Days
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carer 10 07 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carer 03 07 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carer 26 06 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carer 19 06 2020
- Letter to Parents Year 7 to 10 and Year 12 - Raising Standards from September 2020
- Year 11 and 13 Ofqual Guidance 16 06 2020
- Head of School Letter to Year 11 and 13 Parents/Students 16 06 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carer 12 06 2020
- The Garibaldi School SSAT Award Press Release 12 06 2020
- SSAT KS4 progress certificate 12 06 2020
- SSAT KS5 progress certificate 12 06 2020
- SSAT KS5 attainment certificate 12 06 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carers 05 06 2020
- Head of School letter to Year 10 and Year 12 - 22 05 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carer 15 05 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carer 07 05 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parent/Carers 01 05 2020
- Head of School Letter to Parents/Carers 22 04 2020
- Student Well-being newsletter issue No. 2
- Parent/Carer well-being newsletter issue No. 2
- Head of School Letter to Parents/Carers 03 04 2020
- Student Support Sheet fo using Microsoft Teams
- Parent/Carer well-being newsletter issue No. 1
- Student Well-being newsletter issue No. 1
- E-Safety letter to all parents 25 03 2020
- Yer 11, 12 and 13 Remote Working Guidance Letter 20 03 2020
- COVID-19 CEO Trust Letter 20 03 2020
- COVID-19 Letter to Parents update 19 03 2020
- Head of School Important Update COVID-19 17 03 2020
- COVID-19 Letter to Parent Update
- Sport Relief 2020
- COVID-19 Coronavirus - l etter to all Parents/Carers 28 02 2020
- Request for up to date emergency contact information Feb 2020
- All Years - Unifrog Introduction Letter
- Year 11 and 13 Mock Exam Timetable Feb 2020
- Year 12 Widening Participation Letter
- Christmas & New Year arrangements 2019 - 2020
- Head of School Invite Letter November 2019
- Year 11 12 and 13 Parents' Evening
- HoS Additinal Inset Day letter to parents
- Head of School letter to all parents Nov 2019
- Year 11 & 13 Mock Exam Timetable Nov 2019
- All Years - Announcement Letter Oct 2019
- Letter to Parents - Peanut Allergy
- 16/7/20 Sports Day - cancelled
Sixth Form News
- w/c 27th January 2020
Sixth Form News Bulletin (31/01/2020)
- w/c 13th January 2020
Happy New Year! (17/01/2020)
- w/c 2nd December 2019
A busy week in The Garibaldi School Sixth Form (06/12/2019)
- Sixth Form News
Week Commencing 25th November 2019 (29/11/2019)
- Welcome to the Sixth Form news bulletin
22nd November 2019 (22/11/2019)