Year 12 Remote Working Guidance
In light of the government’s decision to close schools to the majority of students for the foreseeable future we will be setting work for students to do remotely. All students have been set up with access to the Microsoft Teams app which is where they can access all work set by their teachers, get support in completing it and upload it for feedback.
Work will be set at the start of the week with the recommendation that students work to their usual school timetable to complete the tasks set by teachers.
Work set will be purposeful, specific to that class or ability group and will help teachers to gain evidence of the progress students are making during this challenging period.
Year 12/13 CAMBRIDGE TECHNICAL students
Students need to access Unit 8 on moodle. All help sheets are located here for all assignments. On each help sheet it tells you which assignment it contributes towards. Once you have completed all the content from the help sheet please upload to the corresponding upload point.
Year 12/13 Cambridge Technical
Students need to revise for their re-sit exam for the Sport Development Unit which will be sat in May.
All lesson PowerPoints are on Moodle for revision and notes from lessons students should have retained. Please check your school emails on a regular basis.
Year 12/13 Art and Design Revision
Unit 1 Visual recording in Art and Design for Year 12 / 13 below:
The Controlled assessment dates for Level 3 are:-
All Year 12 and 13 students should be working on preparation studies that will be mounted onto presentation sheets in readiness for a written exam on the date outlined below :-
Monday 27th April periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (5hrs)
Wednesday 29th April Periods 3, 4 and 5 (3hrs)
Thursday 30th April Periods 1, 2 and 3 for written exam.
All students should ensure they have enough equipment and materials so that they can produce studies at home. Students are allowed to borrow materials and also take papers and 2d materials that they require to aid their working methods. No sharps of any kind can be borrowed. All equipment is to be logged out formally by Mrs Strain, Mrs Robinson or Miss Duckmanton.
Year 12 Finance Revision 2020
The Year 12 students are entering the final unit of their course and are now working on:
- Unit 2 – Financial Capability for the Medium & Long Term
Unit 2 Knowledge
To support their revision for this unit students should be preparing detailed revision notes using both their text book and the resources on the LIBF site. These should be made for each of the 10 topics.
We have also placed a number of sample papers on this area so that students can develop their exam technique with both Part A (multiple choice paper) and also Part B (extended answers) which requires students to write more comprehensive answers based around a case study available.
Pre-release Case Study
An important part in preparation for the exam is the Pre-release Case Study (May 2020) has just been issued to students. (A copy is also available below). Students also have their own log in to the LIBF website where it can also be accessed.
Students are required to research and prepare notes on both Case Study 1 and 2.
Any questions or queries should be emailed to:
The links below will open zipped folders which contains information for this subject. We advise that when this opens you copy and paste the files into a folder on your computer; this will make it easier to navigate to.
- Parent/Carer well-being newsletter issue No. 1
- Student Well-being newsletter issue No. 1
- E-Safety letter to all parents 25 03 2020
- Student Support Sheet for using Micosoft Teams
- Yer 11, 12 and 13 Remote Working Guidance Letter 20 03 2020
- COVID-19 CEO Trust Letter 20 03 2020
- COVID-19 Letter to Parents update 19 03 2020
- Head of School Important Update COVID-19 17 03 2020
- COVID-19 Letter to Parent Update
- Sport Relief 2020
- COVID-19 Coronavirus - l etter to all Parents/Carers 28 02 2020
- Request for up to date emergency contact information Feb 2020
- All Years - Unifrog Introduction Letter
- Year 11 and 13 Mock Exam Timetable Feb 2020
- Year 12 Widening Participation Letter
- Christmas & New Year arrangements 2019 - 2020
- Head of School Invite Letter November 2019
- Year 11 12 and 13 Parents' Evening
- HoS Additinal Inset Day letter to parents
- Head of School letter to all parents Nov 2019
- Year 11 & 13 Mock Exam Timetable Nov 2019
- All Years - Announcement Letter Oct 2019
- Letter to Parents - Peanut Allergy
- 8/5/20 May Bank Holiday
- 25/6/20 Holly Sports Day
- 26/6/20 Inset Day
Sixth Form News
- w/c 27th January 2020
Sixth Form News Bulletin (31/01/2020)
- w/c 13th January 2020
Happy New Year! (17/01/2020)
- w/c 2nd December 2019
A busy week in The Garibaldi School Sixth Form (06/12/2019)
- Sixth Form News
Week Commencing 25th November 2019 (29/11/2019)
- Welcome to the Sixth Form news bulletin
22nd November 2019 (22/11/2019)